Kuvia3D® Provides Detailed, Intuitive Views of Patient Anatomy and Cartilage Abnormalities
Qmetrics Technologies offers Kuvia3D®, a unique, proprietary medical imaging software application, with FDA 510(k) clearance for orthopedic practitioners to enable radiologists and surgeons to visualize anatomical defects in colorful, 3D images. Kuvia3D provides 3D renderings of knee bones and their articular cartilage, allowing physicians and patients to better understand MR imaging study results.
Produced under the supervision of a radiologist, the automated 3D renderings generated by Kuvia3D1 can help patients see and understand radiological findings, supporting informative consultations.
Kuvia3D can render 3D bone and cartilage thickness maps, visually indicating cartilage thickness across the entire articular surface, so a surgeon can:
- View the size of a cartilage defect on the MRI
- Determine the shape of a cartilage defect
- View the location of the defect and estimate whether there is cartilage surrounding it
- View the thickness of the native cartilage surrounding a cartilage defect
- View the thickness of the articular cartilage to find areas of thinning, independent of the presence of full thickness defects
The knowledge gained from a 3D image can help:
- In orthopedic pre-surgical planning, when clinically appropriate
- Facilitate patient communication
- Visually track progress of injury recovery in athletes and other patients
To learn more about Kuvia3D® and download a brochure, click here.
To view videos about Kuvia3D®, visit Qmetrics’ YouTube channel.
If you are an orthopedic surgeon or radiologist, and would like more detailed information on pricing and acquisition, or would like to send a sample image for a Kuvia3D rendering, contact us at kuvia3D@qmetricstech.com.
Kuvia3D® is 510(k) cleared by FDA.